An aside, etymology-wise...
Posted by slugbuggy on Sun, 04/18/2004 - 4:46am.
Found this little tidbit on the net:

The "dis" of disgruntled is not the same as the "dis" of "dismayed." It means "completely", and "gruntled," just as it sounds, is an old word that means "grumbling."

So we've all been using "gruntled" incorrectly, as the opposite of "disgruntled." I'm sure you're all mayed by that information, and find it completely interesting. gruntling from the peanut gallery, please.
Your name:
Anne Onymous
Allowed HTML tags: <a> <b> <dd> <dl> <dt> <i> <li> <ol> <u> <ul> <em> <blockquote> <br> <hr> <br/>